Leftover eggplant can be a great excuse to get creative in the kitchen! Whether you’ve got some extra eggplant that needs to be used up, or you’re trying to stop wasting food, there are plenty of delicious, nutritious ways to make use of it.
Here are some ideas that will help you transform that leftover eggplant into a meal your whole family will love.
Make the most out of eggplant leftovers
Eggplant is a versatile vegetable, so you don’t have to worry about having leftovers! Instead of throwing out the extra eggplant, you can use it in any number of delicious recipes.
From eggplant parmesan to a classic ratatouille, eggplant leftovers can be transformed into something new and exciting. You can even try your hand at creating a vegan lasagna with layers of eggplant slices and a creamy cashew cheese sauce.
With a little imagination and creativity, you can turn your eggplant leftovers into something special!
Delicious ideas for what to do with leftover eggplant
1. Baked Eggplant Parmesan: Slice eggplant, dip in beaten eggs and flour, and then fry. Layer with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
2. Eggplant Pasta: Sauté diced eggplant in olive oil with garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Add cooked pasta and marinara sauce to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
3. Eggplant Pizza: Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over pizza dough, top with thin slices of eggplant, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 500°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
4. Eggplant Curry: Sauté diced eggplant in olive oil with garlic and onion until softened. Add curry powder, coconut milk, and tomato paste to the pan. Simmer until thickened and serve over cooked rice or quinoa.
5. Eggplant Fries: Cut eggplant into fry-shaped slices, dip in beaten eggs and flour, and then fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve with ketchup or ranch dressing for dipping.
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
Storing rggplant leftovers
To properly store leftovers of eggplant for later use, it is important to cool the cooked eggplant to room temperature before transferring it into an airtight container.
When storing the eggplant in the refrigerator, ensure that the container is completely sealed. Eggplant should be used within three to four days to prevent spoilage and retain all of its flavors. To ensure it stays fresh, make sure the eggplant is not exposed to any air or moisture while in the refrigerator.
Sharing this article on your social media accounts will be a great help to us. Not only will it help us spread awareness of the topic, but it will also give us the chance to reach a greater audience.
We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to share this article with your friends, family and colleagues.